Annetin lives in Changchun, in the northeast of China. She is 9 years old. Like Kaili, Annetin goes to grade 4 at the German International School in Changchun.
Annetin sent me a letter in German. She writes:
My name is Annetin and I am 9 years old. I come from Germany, but now I live in China.
My Dad needed to travel to China for business. Then Mum said: “We all go to China.” So we moved to China.
But now I get to my happy day!!! These things make me happy:
1. to go to the German International School Changchun to learn there!!!
2. to spend time with my family and to go on trips.
3. to bake and to cook with friends. To bake self-invented recipes with my friends is what I like the most!!!
4. to go to the mall and to eat hotpot there. Hotpot is a particular dish for which the cooker is on the table. On the cooker there is a pot in which swims hot water or soup. Now you can order food which will be placed in the pot. The food can be noodles, vegetables, meat, tofu or spices. As soon as the food is cooked you can eat it.
This is delicious, we should do that in Germany, too.
5. to do sports. I love jumping on the trampoline. To do somersaults is what I like the most there!!!
6. to go to the zoo. I love to look at the animals there, especially at the elephants!!!
Hello Annetin, danke für deinen schönen Brief! 🙂 Thanks a lot for your beautiful letter! I guess it was really exciting to move from Germany to China! I have not been there yet, but I remember the first time I travelled outside of Europe: I was already a lot older than you, 22 years old. I travelled to Peru and this was so exciting! It is wonderful that you like going to your new school in Changchun. And I would love to try one the recipes you invent with your friends! I am sure that is a lot of fun! Hotpot sounds like a really good idea. I would love to try that, too. Thank you so much, Annetin, for sharing all these amazing things with me, I like your list of what makes you happy a lot. I wish you a lot of happiness and joy, and I sent a big hug from Germany to your new home in China! Karina