Queen lives in Burundi, in East Africa. She lives in Kanyosha, a commune of Bujumbura Rural Province.
Queen is 9 years old and sent me a letter in Kirundi, the language of Burundi.
My name is Queen Sara Ingabire. I am 9 years old and I go to the third grade of primary school.
1. I’m happy when I receive good marks at school.
2. I’m happy when I get new clothes and new shoes. I also love to go to celebrations.
3. I’m happy when my Mum cooks meat.
4. I also love when I go to church and when I sing “Wera wera Adonayi Ushizwe Hejuru”.
5. I’m happy when I take a ride in the car.
Hi Queen, thanks a lot for your nice letter! I like the things that make you happy. 🙂 I hope that you will always have fun learning and receive good marks at school! It’s great that you like to go to church and to sing there. I would love to hear “Wera wera Adonayi Ushizwe Hejuru”. And I also hope that you can often enjoy going to celebrations and get nice new clothes and shoes.
Sending lots of love, Karina.
And thank you to the organisation Burundikids e.V. for sending me Queen’s letter together with a translation from Kirundi. All the best for your work! ❤