Dana lives in Colombia, in a city called Popayán, in the south-west of the country.
She sent me a letter in Spanish that moved me a lot.
Dana listed everything that makes her happy.
What makes me happy on a day:
* to wake up at home
* to have one more day of life
* when I can have breakfast with my family
* to come to the foundation and to participate in the Advent calendar
* to write down my thoughts
* to play with my things and to feel that I’m still a child
* to paint and to watch videos
* to eat tiramisu ice cream
* to share a house with my grandmother and my cousin
* my Mom accompanies me during the night
* to spend Christmas with my family
Dana also drew a beautiful mistletoe with bells, a Christmas tree, and wrote Feliz Navidad (Merry Christmas).
The foundation she writes about is Kinderhilfe für Kolumbien, an organization that supports people in Colombia. Kinderhilfe für Kolumbien also sent me many letters from children in Popayán (including the one from Dana). Thanks a lot for that, the other letters will follow. ❤
And muchas gracias Dana! Thank you so much for your letter! I hope you had lovely Christmas days with your family. I also love to write down my thoughts. It’s a good way to reflect on the things you see and experience. I wish you with all my heart that you can often play and paint, eat tiramisu ice cream, feel that you are still a child, and that you are safe and happy. Much love, Karina. ❤